Car dealership owners are advised to know and run digital marketing to increase revenue. If you are one of them, then you are on the right page. please follow this article to completion.
Understanding Car Dealership Digital Marketing
Car Dealership Digital Marketing is an online or digital marketing activity to increase the popularity and sales of the car dealer business. This activity includes planning, strategy, tips and marketing ideas that are used online.
In recent years large dealerships have been actively using digital marketing methods to increase their visibility both on social media and on search engines. And of course the end goal is to increase sales.Car
Car Dealership Digital Marketing Strategy
A car dealership digital marketing strategy is a plan that helps dealers to achieve specific goals through carefully selected online marketing channels such as paid, acquired and owned media. To determine the strategy to be taken, you can do these 7 things:
- Build your buyer personas.
- Build customer Jouney Map
- Identify your goals and the digital marketing tools you’ll need.
- Evaluate your existing digital channels and assets.
- Audit and plan your owned media campaigns.
- Identify your goals and the digital marketing tools you’ll need.
- Audit and plan your earned media campaigns.
Build Your Buyer Persona
You need to know who you are marketing the car you are selling to. The best digital marketing strategies are built on detailed buyer personas, and your first step is to create one.
Buyer personas represent your ideal customer and can be created by researching, surveying and interviewing your business’s target audience.
Build Customer Journey Map
Creating a customer journey map is making a map or picture of your consumer’s mindset. If you do this well, it will be easier for you to get customers of various characters and habits, and also easy to keep them from being taken over by your competitors. Calm down, I’ve reviewed it on the Customer Journey, you just have to learn and practice it.
Identify Your Goals
Your online marketing goals should always be tied back to the fundamental goals of your business.
For example, if your dealership’s goal is to increase car sales or revenue by 30%, your marketing team’s goal may be to generate 70% more leads via website or social media than in the previous year to contribute to the success of car sales at your dealership.
Identify digital marketing tools you’ll need.
There are many marketing tools that you can use to achieve your marketing goals. I do however recommend a digital marketing tool that is suitable for dealerships
- Organic Facebook by Facebook Account and Facebook Page
- Facebook Ads for local business
- Wesbite to display your dealer details and display the cars you are selling
- Search engine optimization to get organic trafiic for your website
- Google Ads to get fast traffic to your website.
- Google My Business, This is a local seo tool, make good use of it to display your address and dealer’s map when people in your city type “car dealer at ….” into a search engine
You can learn how to use the 6 digital marketing tools above on this website. I have provided more details in the Digital Marketing Magazine. you can read it or download it for free in pdf format.
Evaluate your existing digital channels and assets.
When reviewing digital marketing channels and assets for your car dealership it is best to consider the big picture first. So that you can really do well and not be overwhelmed.
Gather what you own, and categorize each asset in a table, so that you have a clear picture of owned, acquired, and paid media.
Audit and plan your owned media campaigns.
At the heart of digital marketing is owned media — and it almost always takes comes in the form of content. That’s because nearly every message your brand broadcasts can be classified as content, whether it’s an About Us site page, product descriptions, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, podcasts, or social media posts.
Content helps convert your website visitors into leads and customers while improving your brand’s online presence. And when this content is search engine optimized (SEO), it can boost your search and organic traffic.
Whatever your digital marketing strategy goal is, you’ll want to incorporate owned content. To start, decide what content will help you reach your goals.
If your goal is to generate 70% more leads via the website than last year, your About Us page is most likely not going to be included in your strategy, unless that page has somehow been a lead-generation machine in the past.
Here’s a brief process you can follow to work out what owned content you need to meet your digital marketing strategy goals.
Audit your existing content.
Make a list of your existing owned content, and rank each item according to what has previously performed best in relation to your current goals.
For example, if your goal is lead generation, rank your content according to which pieces generated the most leads over the last year (such as a blog post, ebook, or site page).
The idea here is to figure out what’s currently working, and what’s not, so that you can set yourself up for success when planning future content.
Identify gaps in your existing content.
Based on your buyer personas, identify any gaps in the content you have. For example, if you’re a math tutoring company and know through research that a major challenge for your personas is finding effective ways to study — you don’t currently have content that speaks to that concern — create some.
By looking at your content audit, you might discover that ebooks hosted on a certain type of landing page convert really well (better than webinars, for example). In the case of this math tutoring company, you might make the decision to add an ebook about “how to make studying more effective” to your content creation plans.
Create a content creation plan.
Based on your findings and the gaps you’ve identified, make a content creation plan outlining the content that’s necessary to help you hit your goals.
This should include:
Why you’re creating the content
Priority level of the content
This can be a simple spreadsheet, and should also include budget information if you’re planning to outsource the content creation, or a time estimate if you’re producing it yourself.
Audit and plan your earned media campaigns.
Evaluating your previous earned media against your current goals can help you get an idea of where to focus your time. Look at where your traffic and leads are coming from (if that’s your goal) and rank each earned media source from most effective to least effective.
You may find a particular article you contributed to the industry press drove a lot of qualified traffic to your website, which boosted conversions. Or, you may discover Facebook is where you see most people sharing content, which increased traffic.
The idea is to build a picture of what types of earned media will help you reach your goals (and what won’t) based on historical data. However, if there’s something new you want to experiment with, don’t rule it out just because it’s never been done before.
Car Dealership Digital Marketing Tips
Lots of interesting tips that can be used in digital marketing car dealerships, including:
- Create a facebook page and name it according to the name of your car dealer. post regularly about this subject: latest car products, reviews about car engines, reviews about car colors, car care tips and others. Every post use attractive and high-resolution images or videos to increase engagement. Remember, do this routine. at least 3 times a day.
- Display the car you are selling on the Facebook page in the form of an online shop. see how on the add shop to facebook page. the goal is that your Facebook page followers can still see the price of the car variations without leaving Facebook.
- Create a contest on social media, for example on Facebook. aims to provoke a response from your followers. You can learn about it here the best facebook contest idea for small businesses.
- Create interesting articles about cars, car features, car maintenance and post them on your website. Use catchy titles and keywords that people use the most when searching for information about cars on search engines. For good results, do this at the start of 4 times a week, until you reach 30 articles. next you can arrange at least 1 article a week. Then share the post on Facebook and other social media accounts.
- Increase the visibility of your dealer address on google map through Google Business optimization. If this goes well you will get lots of calls, chats, dealer visits and websites. Fill in all forms on Google Business according to your car dealer data. Then post a photo or video, add a description or link to your website. In every description you should include these keywords: car dealers in …., best car dealers in ….
Do this at least once a day. You will feel the results in the next 3 months. Your Dealer’s address will appear on the first page when people in your city type “car dealership at …..” on google.
- Send the google business link to your customers. ask them to review the quality of your service. You can also ask all your employees to review and give five stars on Google for your car dealer business.
Conclusion Car Dealership Digital Marketing
Those are the car dealership digital marketing strategies and tips. These tips and strategies can be applied in various other local businesses, for example: Car Repair, Ac Service, Local Travel Agent and other local services.
To continue to hone all your skills, you can learn digital marketing tips on this website.
If you have a lot of budegt, you can also hire a digital marketing agency, usually this will quickly affect sales increases or reach the desired target.
If you have any questions, please write them in the comments column, I am very happy to answer them.